The Japanese are thin, long -lived and maintain a flourishing appearance, good memory and energy until old age. So the Japanese diet is the secret to health and longevity? Everything is not so bright: we think about it together.
History of the Japanese Diet
Lose 7-8 pounds in 14 days: that’s what the Japanese diet promises. Which, to be honest, has a very indirect relationship with Japanese cuisine and the food system. In any case, his obedience required the will of the samurai iron.
No traditional Japanese seafood in the diet, just fish. It includes a large amount of sugar -free coffee, which is not a very popular way to serve drinks in Japan. It is recommended to cook food not only without salt, but also without seasoning, which is usually never heard of by the Japanese.
The traditional Japanese food system does have many advantages:
- One study showed that a grain and vegetable-based diet with little soy and animal products reduced the chances of dying from a heart attack or stroke.
- Japan has the lowest obesity index in the world.
- Okinawa, in southern Japan, has the largest population in the world over 100 years old.
- Japanese food, especially typical of Okinawa, is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids from vegetables and fruits of different colors and plant estrogens, which help prevent the development of hormone-dependent cancers (such as breast cancer).
- Japanese rituals related to presentation and the aesthetics of food and beverage offerings are just as good for physical and mental health as habits associated with other healthy diets, Mediterranean - eating fresh, sharing meals with family, eating lots of fruits and fish, allowing for fun, enjoy the food.
But the traditional Japanese diet has a similar relationship to the two -week diet for weight loss called the "Japanese diet" as a roller coaster to America.
Principles of the Japanese Diet
The Japanese diet is very strict and does not allow any deviations. The main principle of its action is the gradual restructuring of attitudes towards nutrition in general and reducing the total caloric content of the diet. Light protein becomes the basis of the menu, and carbohydrates are reduced. Fiber in fruits and vegetables helps you feel full.
It is claimed that diet helps rebuild and normalize digestion and metabolism, but there is no scientific evidence for this. However, leaving out sugar, salt, burnt foods, and alcohol alters the body and brain. But it is important that the rejection is long -term, 14 days is not enough. And portion reduction really restores the stomach that was stretched in large portions to normal. But it does not reduce: these elastic organs cannot shrink to a state less than the physiological norm.
The Japanese diet allows only 3 meals, 4. 5-5 hours before bedtime, the last meal should be scheduled. Snacks are unacceptable, which can be a difficult test: physiologically, a person experiences hunger every 3-4 hours and fractional meals in small portions give him more energy than three meals a day.
During the day, according to the Japanese diet, you need to drink at least two liters of water. Vegetable oil should be kept to a minimum. A cup of green tea is the only pleasure for the hungry.
Nutritionists warn: it is better to prepare any diet in advance and you should start smoothly so that the inevitable stress is minimized. For 2-5 days, lighten your diet as much as possible. You can also buy Japanese chopsticks to eat more slowly and thoughtfully. Try to drink and sleep more, be less nervous.
List of foods prohibited in the Japanese diet
- Salt, because it slows down the removal of fluid from the body and increases blood pressure.
- Sugar, because it is a simple source of carbohydrates, is quickly stored in the body in the form of excess weight.
- Alcohol in any form and quantity, as it slows down metabolism and prevents the removal of toxins from the body.
- Bread made from wheat flour.
- Semi -finished products, fast food, any sweet desserts and fatty dairy products.
Allowed Foods in the Japanese Diet
The basis of nutrition on the Japanese diet are vegetables and fruits (except sweet bananas, figs, grapes), cheese, kefir, fish and meat, eggs. Meat and fish can be fried in vegetable oil. You can choose sunflower, olive, corn, sesame oil - a variety helps to withstand strict restrictions.
Protein is the main nutrient of the diet, and this has the same Japanese diet as other high protein diets such as keto diet and paleo diet in their pros and cons. Fiber is the second most important nutrient for satiety. It is found in grains, vegetables and fruits.
All desserts are forbidden in the Japanese diet. The sweetest food in the diet is fruit.
|can||It is forbidden|
Sample menu for 14 days
Breakfast.Almost all 14 days of the Japanese diet for breakfast only need to drink a cup of black coffee without sugar. Sometimes it can be added with crackers or replaced with green tea. Organic coffee is a staple of the Japanese diet because it contains beneficial natural antioxidants.
dinner.For lunch, you can eat fish, chicken, or lean meat with vegetables. You can make a salad from fresh vegetables, fry the vegetables along with the main course, or eat a salad from grated carrots, chopped cabbage, cucumbers. There are no calorie restrictions, but you need a small portion.
dinneris the most varied part of the Japanese diet. You can eat fruits, boiled eggs, kefir, hard cheese. If desired, the Japanese diet allows you to eat fish or meat with vegetables for dinner, as for lunch, but the portions should be smaller.
|The second day||
|The third day||
|the fifth day||
|the sixth day||
|the seventh day||
|the eighth day||
|The ninth day||
|the tenth day||
|the eleventh day||
|the twelfth day||
|the fourteenth day||
- "I always lose weight, my height is 167 cm, and the minimum weight is 56, maximum 73 after childbirth. So, I try a lot of diets: Dukan, Protasov, etc. Japan is the most effective, on it I throw 5-7 kgUsed 4 times.
- "Well, I can say that the results of the diet, of course, pleased me a little. I really lost weight, it can be seen in the clothes and in other people's comments. But I do not want to repeat this experience. Again I am sure that not. some are good in a strict diet. And as soon as I started eating in a more or less normal mode, the weight gradually went up.
- "This diet helped me lose weight and start to change, but I can’t recommend it to anyone, because any diet puts stress on the body and can lead to sad consequences, it’s better to listen to your body and change your attitude towards food. . "
- "The most important and valuable effect for me is that I don’t want to eat candy and all sorts of nasty things like chips, crackers, etc. , but I always adore it! I also love that I start to taste the food very sharply, getting morepleasure from food.
- "They say that this diet was developed in a Japanese clinic, whose name differs in different sources. There is also the opinion that there is no Japanese diet, and the name was created solely for the purpose of advertising to attract attention. Indeed among Japanese people you are raremeeting people who eat enough, we also hear a lot about the longevity of the Japanese. Conclusion: we trust the Japanese. "
The effectiveness and benefits of the Japanese diet
Avoiding sugar and alcohol may be the only unique idea of the Japanese diet. Even salt cannot be left out completely.
Many note that diet really helps to lose weight by limiting calories and, more importantly, changing taste preferences and falling in love with some unhealthy foods. But it is difficult to talk about changes in internal processes: no serious studies have been conducted, only subjective sensations.
Nutrition is clearly contraindicated in children, pregnant women, lactating women, people suffering from gastritis and ulcers, heart disease, eating disorders and other chronic diseases. It is recommended to consult a doctor before starting a diet.
Harms of the Japanese diet
The harm is the same as any other fashionable diet: a sharp reduction in calories can cause stress for the body and vitamin deficiency. High protein content increases the burden on the liver and kidneys.
In addition, nutritionists and those who lost weight noted additional difficulties:
- Coffee with minimal extras for breakfast will not be appreciated by everyone. With stomach problems, this is fraught with bloating and heartburn. Breakfast should give you energy throughout the day and a good mood, and not make you live in dreams about lunch.
- Dry food without salt, spices, oils and sauces. It is physically difficult to eat this, and eating without pleasure leads to a decline in nutrient absorption.
- Prohibitions and restrictions on food. In order not to miss out, you need a will of iron, and weight gain after the end of the diet is almost inevitable.
- Sports incompatibility. Activity on an empty stomach is not a good idea, and a bad mood does not help you adjust to an active load.